Saturday 5 July 2014

Topshop Makeup: Highlighter & Cream Blush


Topshop has been my favourite high street store since I was about 13! I won't buy jeans from anywhere else, and probably 90% of the clothes in my wardrobe when you look in the back feature the familiar black Topshop label. Yet, I've not yet tried anything from their make up range. A horrible confession for a self confessed Topshop addict! Immediate rectification required ...
I started with a bit of research as to which Topshop Makeup came most recommended and I decided on the Cream Blush in Flush and the Glow Highlighter in Polish. They were the products that would fit the best into my current every day make up and be the most interesting as I've not tried a cream blush or a highlighter.

When it comes to my every day make up look it's all about highlighting my assets. For me it's all about lashes, with lashings and lashings of mascara, and pink flushed cheeks. So on the subject of highlighting, cheekbones is not one of those assets! I wasn't sure how much of  an impact the Glow Highlighter would have on me. But I'm pleased to say I like the subtle little touch it adds to my face. I add a little dab to my brow bone and some along, what I assume are, my cheek bones to form almost a disconnected 'c'. The Glow is not glittery and blends gently and subtly on the skin. With a bit of bronzer contouring, my next item on my makeup acquisition list, I'll be fooling the world as to the existence of my none existent cheekbones!

As for the blush, well apart from the new to me cream texture, I knew it would add to my face just as well as any. But I'm pleasantly surprised how natural the cream blush looks on the cheeks in comparison to my go too powder with it's matt look. It looks much more like a natural flush than I anticipated and the colour 'Flush' that I went for is the perfect pink!

The only problem now is I'm itching to get on their website and get some more Topshop Makeup in my shopping bag ... check back in a few years and lets hope my make up bag isn't 90% Topshop Makeup too! I've unleashed the monster ...

No comments:

Post a Comment